The Victoria Police Rifle Club was formed in 1904 and has been operating since that time.
While the club was initially formed from serving Police members, it has always been open to others from the emergency services community and to members of the public.
The club continues to operate today and is the only rifle club offering the opportunity for fullbore and FClass shooting midweek in a location close to Melbourne.
Since being revitalised in 2000 the club continues to provide an environment to support the sport of long range Fullbore and FClass shooting in Victoria.
Members of the VPRC have regularly competed and continue to compete in competitions throughout the state, nationally and internationally.
On the 31st of March 1904 a meeting was held in the Gymnasium at Police headquarters in Russell Street with the aim of forming a Rifle club. 5 members turned up which was not sufficient for a quorum.
A month later on the 25th of April another meeting was held where 20 members attended and the Victorian Police Rifle Club # 379 was born (at that time being the 379th rifle club in Victoria).
The club initially shot at Williamstown Range the teams entered a range of competitions including the Dunlop Shield and were quite successful over the years until the closure of the Williamstown Range when the club went into abeyance.
The club was in limbo until 1999 when the decision was made to relaunch the club, with the first shot as a club in Victoria Police Games (later to become Victoria Police & Emergency Services Games) in 1999 and in the Australian & New Zealand Games same year.
The Centenary of the club was celebrated at Werribee Range in 2004 (attended by the then club Patron Commissioner Christine Nixon) and the first Vic Police prize meeting in new format was run conjointly with Bacchus Marsh PM over the Anzac Day Weekend.